August 21, 2007

Tomatoes with Mozzarella and Basil



2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
1 fresh mozzarella cheese ball, sliced
5 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
olive oil
pinch kosher salt
fresh cracked pepper

Arrange the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella on a plate. Sprinkle basil over them. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.

Very easy and delicious!

Today is the last official day of my summer break. I did some fun things today. A friend and I did the downtown tourist thing that most locals in our town don't do. It was fun walking into the many shops that abound here. We had lunch at Vinny's. Something I rarely have a chance to do because Steve and I usually like to cook ourselves and lunch... well, that for other types of employment. If I'm lucky, I will get 20 minutes for lunch. Usually, it's between 10 and 15. But... we won't go there.

I am excited about starting a new school year with a new group of students to work with. I love the smell of school, of new books and of pencil shavings.

I realize too that 10 years ago this semester, I went back to school to get my teaching certificate. I look at the timing of going back to school as a good sign. 10 years ago, I did not have a job and we had tuition to pay, we made it back then. I guess we can do it again!

Thank you, Steve for all the support and encouragement.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're welcome. You know I'm always there for you.

Steve Bowser

8:58 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Right back at you, Steve Bowser.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home