August 20, 2007

Kropek

Box of shrimp crackers
hot oil

Fry shrimp crackers a little at a time.
Eat.

A year ago today, I was cajoled by my sister, Chesca to start a blog. Today is my one year anniversary and I am celebrating it by writing a short one.

I have been making the most of my last two days before the beginning of the new school year. Actually, I am running the errands I would normally save for the weekend because by the time I get home from school, establishments like the bank and post office are closed.I went to lunch and had the most delicious chicken salad sandwich. It had cranberries and mesclun lettuce with it.
I have enrolled for graduate school online and made arrangements for orientation and registration. I am actually biting the bullet and attempting to finish graduate school. It is an expensive endeavor as there are no public universities or colleges in our small tri-state area. I hope I can handle the work load of teaching school, going to school, and Bryan's senior year school activities. As well as paying that blankety-blank tuition bill! I'll keep you posted...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

You can do it Charissa, everything falls into place. And BTW, I love kropek.

4:02 PM  
Blogger K-Kix said...

Kayang-kaya mo yan itchy!!
Hay naku...sige you show me how it's done...wanna be my ghostwriter for my thesis?
I'm an official drop-out as of this sem!!!
Like Ted, kropek is good...how about champoy?

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chariss,
remember our kropek runs in the left bank?
i will never eat kropek again without remembering our trip.
i am so impressed with your drive to keep on going.
i feel like such a dud.
but this isn't about me.
nor is it about that one right above me, either.
(no, not you ted)

kudos on the initiative, stick-to-itiveness,
the intelligence and the self propelling drive.
wow.

4:22 AM  
Blogger The Idealist said...

Hi mama,
I can share in your worries about graduate school but I am going to share the same encouragement you always share with me, dont worry I know you can do it I know this is something you have put on hold due to my own education and I want you to know that I extremely greatful for that sacrifice you made. I love you and miss you a lot!
~Ally

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home