June 29, 2007

KFC

15 crunchy pcs. thighs and legs
1 bowl gravy
$12.99

Pittsburgh,PA. We are 1/3 of the way home from our trek to Rochester. We made it there in 15 hours. The first 2 hours were driven with my hands in a strangle grip on the steering wheel. As my right leg was starting to feel numb, I realized that I could use the cruise control. By 6am, the sun was struggling to emerge as it was a very cloudy day. Actually, a good day to travel east to as not to squint into the sunrise.(Less wrinkles). Bryan was a supportive navigator. He opened up my oj and sandwich and didn't complain when we had to make numerous bladder stops. After noticing my yawns, he offered to drive but I opted to get an extra large Starbucks and that really helped wake up. I was on a roll. We did get sidetracked in Cleveland by missing an exit but we found our way back aand proceeded on. We made it to Ra cha cha by 7pm. It did feel good to be able to finally face my driving demons.

As we get ready for the major part of our journey home, the KFC Chesca fed us was a bit of comfort food. It was a special treat growing up in the Philippines. None the less, the thought of driving in Chicago again is daunting. Part of me wants to try and drive straight through if we are on a roll again. It is good to know that we have options. We can stay the night at Peggy's. Thank goodness for sisters. What would I do without you?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home