December 08, 2011

A Good Day

I woke up this morning to the radio playing "In the Mood", a boogie-woogie song Dad used to play on the guitar. It was like an omen of how the day would unfold. Then, someone on FB posted a link to an experiment done in the DC metro. Joshua Bell (I love his music) playing like a street musician as commuters barely noticed. The date was Jan.12. Our wedding anniversary. I just checked my grades for the class I took. 98% overall. Not bad considering the final paper I attempted to write was one I just couldn't get into. I'll take it. The sun is out. I'll take that too.
I have decided that I am done being down with the lemons life has thrown us lately. I look at the little gifts that happen during the day and draw strength from it. Because life goes on and why lose years of life worrying?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home