July 14, 2011

California Girl

I am spending 3 weeks in California. The main purpose is to get to know my little nephew Julan while both his parents work their summer jobs. I had forgotten how much energy one can expend caring for a little one.We read books, go for walks, play, eat, and rest among other things. As I get to know the city of San Mateo, we venture out further. While Steve swelters in the Midwest, I don my jacket because of the cool mist and air. During my stay, I look forward to getting some dental work done.Thanks, Jit!! You are a magician! I also have gotten together with high school classmates, some, I haven't seen in 38 years. How can time fly so fast? Rose, who used to live in Iowa has taken me around to see parts of California I haven't seen before. We spent an afternoon in Santana Row and Cupertino. I look forward to seeing Carol A. so we can catch up with life and compare notes on how our schools are alike and different. I am also hoping to spend some time in wine country. Sonoma, here we come! Finally, I look forward to going home. They say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. That is true because I walk around with a hole in my heart when we are not together. I guess I am not a California girl after all. I just like to visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home