July 01, 2010

The Grand Tour

I am about to embark on a trip that may make or break me. After the death of our dad, I promised myself that I would fulfill my parents' dream of going to Lourdes and Rome to visit the many holy sites my parents always dreamed of visiting.On Sunday, the 4th, mom and I leave for Europe to do just that. I am mindboggled by flights, train schedules, hotel reservations and the thought of spending money that at the moment Steve and I don't have. Our daughter, Allyson was married last Saturday. While our friends in Galena came through with housing relatives, arranging flowers,and lending a dance floor,musical talent donated by our gracious band teacher by playing the trumpet, and our equally talented music teacher from my school singing lovely songs in operatic style, the reality of the other expenses are at the moment weighing heavily on my mind. The day turned out to be a lovely summer day, rainfree and sunny. Needless to say, weddings cost. By no means do Steve and I regret any part of it, but this trip really should have waited. But, time is not on our side. Mom is healthy enough to walk and enjoy the sights and I want her to be happy and live her dream. The holy sights will make her happy. I just have to figure out how I can manage baggage, Metros, important documents, and Mom by myself. I know Dad will be there in spirit to help me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Peggy said...

Charissa, we're all going with you in spirit, hindi lang si Daddy, thank you for doing this with mom, what you are doing and why means a lot to all of us, I think I can say that for everybody...please keep us posted every step of the way (time willing siempre) and of course, we're here if you need anything, kahit long distance moments of zen...

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home