July 05, 2010

Dublin to Amsterdam

Day 2 Grand Tour

In Dublin, we went through immigration and had to wait 6 hours for our flight to Amsterdam.
Our impression of the airport. Friendly staff. Freezing cold temps in our waiting area. When we arrived in Amsterdam, we took the train from Schiphol Airport to Centraal Station. We waited 90 minutes for our turn to make reservations for our train to Paris. We didn't realize how expensive reservations were despite our Eurail passes. Extra cost was 62 Euros!

Mom and I then took the tram to Westmaarkt, then walked to the Galerij Hotel. The hotel was a bit questionable for our standards. mom and I walked up 72 winding narrow stairs to our room. Whilte the sheets and towels smelled of fabric softener, there were holes in them. The bathroom was clean, toilet was out in the hallway. There was no clock, no window screens and it was very warm. We have to catch a tram back to Centraal Station so we can catch the train to Brussels at 7:54am. I didn't sleep much. Jet lag plus no alarm clock and worrying about how to carry mom's and my luggage down the winding stairs without us falling down them. I think about these things and tend to let my imagination run wild. What can I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home