December 07, 2011

Colorado

This Thanksgiving, I had the unique experience of being a guest in my daughter's home. This is the first time she has ever had room for anyone to come and stay since she left home for college. I left my hard-working husband to fend for himself while I hied off to spend time with her and her husband J. It was a wonderfully relaxed visit. We managed to cook a turkey that tasted good. This of course was only the second time I had ever cooked one. All the side dishes and an apple pie that met with approval was made at the last moment. ( No room in the oven because of said turkey).
During the visit, we managed to mall it later in the day, Friday, and came away pretty much unscathed. Shopping it seems is still not my bag unless I have something in mind. Ally took me to Red Rocks, a spectacular venue with natural acoustics. Many famous artists have performed there as evidenced by the yearly lists displayed on the walls.
I had my first ever visit to Rocky Mountain National Park and a drive through its windy, snowy roads took us to Bear Lake. Despite the below 0 degree wind chill and not so warm shoes, we made our way to the lake. I have come to realize that holding Ally's arm so as not to slip, we have transcended another tier in our relationship. While the mountains are magnificent, my relationship with my daughter is even more so.

1 Comments:

Blogger exskindiver said...

love this.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home