October 05, 2006

Shortbread Cookies

1 lb. real butter (do not substitute)
1 cup sugar
5 cups flour

Soften butter to room temperature.
Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
Add flour by hand or pastry blender. Do not use a mixer as the mixture will get tough.
Press into 2 8-inch pans (greased). Prick the tops with a fork.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. It should be golden brown and firm to touch.
Cut while still warm, then let cool.

Dunk in milk or take a bite then a sip of milk. Yummy!

I remember the day you were born. I waited by the gate to hear the news. I wanted a sister so desperately. I remember crying when I was told you were a boy. Luckily, it was a trick.You added another dimension to my life. How wonderful for me. I'm sorry I was not always there for you.We were separated by time, then distance. I am here for you now and always. I love you.

Happy Birthday, Peggy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks charissa, I really love you too. we'll always be sisters and I know we'll always be there for each other, whichever way we can. Thanks for the beautiful birth day story. (And the shortbread cookies sound good too.)

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try adding 1 tsp of dry camomile tea and 1 tsp of lemon zest to the recipe. Sarap!

8:11 PM  
Blogger K-Kix said...

Charissa, it's another boy! sabay iyak. I remember that story being told...:)

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Peggy, this belated comment comes from down under as we review the blogs.. Charissa was hanging by the gate. It was morning and I had just come from the hospital. All the boys were there too on the gate. Your eyes were so bright with hope, and then I said "its a boy" and she cried and I felt so bad for her... she really and all of us wanted you and you came into our lives "and made the living fine", as the words of the song Love Story goes.. so there you are. We love you.... God bless you.

Daddy and Mommy

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home