September 04, 2006

Raw Eggs and Rice

Break an egg over hot steaming rice.
Add salt to taste and mix together.

Food is one of the three basic necessities of life. It is needed to survive.
As a child, I was told to eat everything that I put on my plate.
Choice of entrees was not an option except if it was raw egg and rice.

If I did not feel like eating the food that was prepared, the choice was not to eat or have raw egg and rice. Now I realize, that I had choices after all.
I never felt like I had choices growing up. Good to know.

4 Comments:

Blogger exskindiver said...

how come eggs don't need to be refrigerated in the philippines, but god forbid you leave the carton of eggs out for an extended period of time here (well in my house) and Someone screetches:
salmonella!!!!!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I think it has something to do with what the chickens eat and if they are free range. I'm not sure.

6:02 PM  
Blogger K-Kix said...

I was the slow eater of the family, remember? I never really had a great appetite. I gagged a lot during meal times as I ate everything on my plate (because I had to, so that I would grow or else I would stay small for the rest of my life...well...hmmm...)

I remember raw eggs and rice... I ate a whole lot of it....would you believe, I liked it better than what we would normally have served on the table?

9:07 PM  
Blogger * said...

I think I used to like it, well I'm sure I liked it better than monggo with rice (and ampalaya, ches look there o...ok no more ampalaya)

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home