September 22, 2006

Peanut Butter and Jelly on Wheat

On two pieces of wheat bread,
spread one side with your favorite type of PB(crunchy, extra crunchy or creamy)
On the other side, some grape jelly or your choice of jelly, mine being grape.
Slap together and eat at your leisure.

When experiencing a harried week like mine has been, my answer to a healthy lunch is PB and J on wheat.
The wheat provides the necessary roughage, the PB- protein and jelly to satisfy the sweet tooth in me.

My supposedly 25 minutes of duty free lunch is most often never so.
My students are to be downstairs in the lunch line at 12:00 sharp and they should have gone through by 12:02 as that is the designated time for the next class to come through.
Many times, technology lets us down and the lunch cards cannot be scanned ( they have to be handwritten and entered at a later time when said computer is up and running again) or the younger grades are running late, therefore backing subsequent lunch eaters.
When such things happen, I whip out my PB and J and start eating because even if I am still monitoring my kids; my "duty-free" lunch minutes are ticking away.
There have been times that 7 minutes is all I've gotten and I've barely had time to chew my food. It is getting better though as our school year approaches its 5th week.
When is our next holiday?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

This is Gigi....my lunch is chewing while pieces of crumbs fall on the papers students as I help students work through a frantic pace to make up work. Then I get set up for another class...

I think our next vacation is not until Thanksgiving...

I feel for you.

6:20 PM  
Blogger K-Kix said...

"One does not live on bread alone..." (Mt4:4)

I remember eating sandwiches for lunch all throughout grade school and high school.

Funny, I didn't really like how they were made but I ate them.

Now, I try to ask the kids what they want...they bring rice and ulam for lunch AND sandwiches for recess (goober pb is a favorite)

Our next vacation is Todos los Santos which begins with Halloween :)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Aneka said...

i choose to take sandwiches to school...it's way better that way because i can eat them anywhere at any time...especially if i'm in a rush. there came a time i was eating lunch while walking to my next class. another thing is they're easy to bring. easy to pack and no heavy luggage of containers. hey, PBJ sandwiches are my fave...except we usually have pandesal for the bread. yum!

i can't wait 'til sembreak. i wish we could just skip the finals and jump straight to vacation...oh october...

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home