September 23, 2006

Genesee Valley Apple Crumb Pie (Revised)

Filling: 6 unpared sliced apples
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch salt

Crumb topping: 1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour

Filling: 1.Fill the crust with apples
2.Sprinkle salt, sugar and
cinnamon.

Crumb Topping: 1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Spoon mixture on top of pie.
3. Place in preheated oven(450 F)for 10 min. Then reduce heat to
350 F for 30 minutes.

Crust: Buy one!


Recipe courtesy of Applehood and Motherpie by the Junior League of Rochester
copyright 1981

September 21 was the first day of fall. Fall makes me want to plant hundreds of bulbs. Tulips, daffodils, alliums, lilies to name a few. I think it is survival. The thought of winter daunts me every year that I live in North America. Planting spring flowers makes me look forward to the blooms and when the temperature dips to minus 0, I think of the garden in the spring. If I didn't, I think I would be very unhappy all the winter months.
Many times, I think about moving south, but spring flowers keep me in the northern region.I actually like four season gardening. It is chilly today. My nose and feet are cold.I feel winter coming.Hopefully I will survive another one.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will make it through the winter. Investment in spring bulbs, nice slippers, hot chocolate (or hot tea), and nice blankets will allow for a warm hibernation.

Many times I wish we could hibernate until March. I don't miss the snow.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bulak na, maestra pa!
teachers unite!

if i were to teach right now,
i would very quickly end up in rigor with bulak in my nose.

kudos to all the teachers out there.

(pagtumunog ang batingaw....hmmm..)

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

batingaw??? (oy kasale ako doon, at least i used to be a teacher too) but anyway, thanks for the genesee valley crumb pie recipe...now if we could only make you make it for us, we'd all be in heaven (despite the cold)...don't worry, we'll take care of the crust...

1:37 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I am more than happy to make it for you. Perhaps on country fair weekend I can make some and you can even bring one home with you.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home